Quality Manager Part time - Belfast
This is a part-time permanent role - 2 days per week (flexible)
This role is responsible for ensuring the company is fully compliant with international standards and legislation.
This involves developing policies & procedures, conducting audits, providing relevant training, liaising with external authorities and detailed reporting.
The Quality Manager must foster close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to engender a heightened awareness of Quality & Safety issues amongst employees, contractors and management.
- To ensure compliance to International Standards and Legislation
- Auditing against required International Standards and Regulations
- Hosting regulatory (NAA), Accreditation bodites and customer audits
- Writing/ammending company procedures and documentation
- Root cause and trend analysis
- Issuing company authorisations
- Carrying out internal investigations to maintenance errors (MEDA)
- Carrying out Mandatory Occurrence Reports Investigations
- Delivery of Quality & Safety related Training
- Assisting with the development and implementation of continuous improvement objectives and initiatives
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the company Directors
- Deputize for the Quality Manager as required.
- Experienced of Quality Management System in EASA/FAA Part 145 environments
- Experienced with QMS ISO AS9100D and ISO 45001 Standards
- Experienced with Environmental Management ISO 14001
- Experienced in the use of MS Office applications
- Knowledge and experience of EASA/FAA regulations
- Knowledge and experience of ISO Quality Management Systems
- Experience of auditing and quality in EASA/FAA/ISO regulated environment
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Experienced of report writing and investigations
- Proven auditing, evaluating and investigation skills.
Closing date for applications 19th January 2020
Please submit your resume to