Production Materials Planner/Buyer
This role will be based in our Production Organisation and will be responsible for ensuring Materials are procured for production and control of stocks/materials in the production area.
This Role will support our Engineering team and the production team whilst working with cross functional departments and suppliers to ensure the most cost-effective supply of Aircraft Materials, all the time ensuring a seamless supply chain process from ordering to delivery.
- Place purchase orders with the best price for materials for Customer projects and plan for the arrival of shipments to production department in an aviation environment.
- Review Bill of material provided by engineering dept. or Customers for purpose of quotation for Sales proposals.
- Procurement and planning of Material based on the Engineering Bill of Material (BOM) for contracted projects.
- Knowledge & operational use of online order portals
- Develop and maintain excellent, positive business relationships with partners, customers and internal and external stakeholders to ensure targets are met.
- Responsible for tracking Material from suppliers to the dock by liaising with transport and warehousing ensuring on time arrival.
- Liaise with Customs clearance and other applicable Custom duties as they pertain to location.
- Locate stock into the correct locations in accordance with required procedures.
- Ensure paperwork for shipments, COC’s are maintained and stored correctly
- Deliver innovative continuous improvements to ensure customer satisfaction, quality of service and ensure competitiveness is maintained in line with business expectations.
- Motivated self-starter with Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision to tight deadlines.
- Proficiency on ILS, Airbus, Boeing and online order portals an advantage
- Experience in maintaining records of incoming and outgoing materials and stock control with excellent focus on attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills including Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Materials qualification would be an advantage. (IIPMM /IPICS)
- Previous experience of ERP systems.