Deputy Head of Design
An independent privately owned company head offices in Shannon, Ireland, specializing in commercial / VIP / EASA DOA 21J.452 Design engineering. We hold GCCA Engineering approval as well as EASA POA IE.21G.0002 manufacturing Approval producing Aircraft Kit solutions. We also hold EASA CAMO Part M (G&I) IE.MG.113 approval to issue ARC’s and provide Technical Asset Management Services both to airlines and aircraft leasing entities to manage Aircraft movements on their behalf. We also have design offices in Dublin, Belfast and Singapore. (http://www.eirtechaviation.ie)
Our sister company, International Aerospace Coating (IAC), are a leading Aircraft painting and EASA 145 C6 Interior refurbishment organization with Offices and Hangars in Shannon, Dublin, Ostrava (Czech Republic), Rome, as well as 8 locations around USA
Employing upwards of 200 people and in operation since 1999, our company ethos is based on understanding and exceeding our customer’s requirements through motivated staff, flexibility, proven processes, experience, expertise & knowledge.
You will be joining a dynamic team of professionals, providing engineering services to a global customer base within a challenging, diverse and rewarding working environment
Our staff consists of a dynamic team of professionals, providing engineering services to a global customer base within a challenging, diverse and rewarding working environment. The following job vacancies exists:
Deputy Head of Design.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to the Head of Design.
- Responsibility as Deputy Head of Design final Approval and release of technical data.
- Work in conjunction with existing Head of Design to grow and Manage engineering Team
- Preparation and development of design solutions
- Detailed review and check of designs and changes for integrity and regulatory compliance
- Proven ability to run a design team on complex projects
- Liaison with customers, suppliers and OEM's.
- Represent Eirtech Aviation professionally at a high technical level
- Liaison with production and maintenance organizations
- Promulgation of technical design documentation and solutions
- Support projects organization in preparation of quotations for customers
- Respond to audit findings and take necessary corrective and preventative action
- Engage in design management activities. Monitor and review developments at industry level
- Engineering Degree (B.Sc. or equivalent) with 7+ years relevant experience in a Design Engineering environment, preferably in an EASA Part 21J DOA.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Aeronautical Engineering, with an emphasis aircraft systems including structures, cabin safety and / or Avionics.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- In depth knowledge on EASA / FAA regulations which include Part 21 (and Part M and Part 145 to a lesser extent). In-depth knowledge on EASA design standards and CS 25 regulation applicable to area of specialty.
- Strong interpersonal skills, social competence and a team player.
- Strong communications skills, creative and innovative to always be one step ahead.
- Strong problem solving skills. Ability to manage many complex projects simultaneously.
- Good negotiation and presentation skills.
- Exhibit a high level of personal integrity, thereby maintaining the highest standards of safety and quality under commercial pressure.
- Solid working experience MS Office products and a working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Proficient in English, both written and oral, and able to communication at all levels, internally and with customers.
Applications please to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30th August 2019